The district nurses visit those patients in need of nursing care who are too infirm to attend the surgery. They can be contacted by telephone on 01865 902800. An answering machine will record your message if they cannot take it personally. Messages will be collected every day from 08:00 – 16:00.
During weekends and bank holidays they can be contacted on 01993 866526 between 08:00 – 16:00.
The health visiting team consists of Claire Larsen and Sue Smith Gibbins (Health Visitors), Katherine Room (Community Nursery Nurse), and Alison Warner (admin support). The team offers a health promotion service Monday-Friday, 9-4pm for families with children up to 5 years of age.
Advice and support include:
- Ante-natal visit
- Post-natal advice and support
- Advice on breast feeding, infant and child feeding
- Post-natal depression support
- Advice on managing difficult and influencing positive behaviour
- Developmental assessments at 8 months and 2 years
- Promoting good sleep
- Immunisation advice
- Constipation management
- Eczema care advice
- Domestic abuse support and links to additional services
A health visiting drop in clinic runs every Thursday 1-2:45 at Orchard Children’s Centre, Eynsham.
Please call 01993 881887/ 883578 for more information