Repeat prescriptions will be ready for collection three working days after being requested. Please note that prescriptions ordered on Friday morning will be ready for collection on Wednesday afternoon. Please help us by collecting repeat prescriptions after 10:00 Monday to Friday. Do remember that regular (or ‘repeat’) prescriptions are issued for 28 days’ supply of medication at a time (except for HRT and the contraception pill).
To order repeat prescriptions you may:
- Via our Emis Online Services
- Telephone: Eynsham 01865 882879 or Long Hanborough 01993 882784 Monday – Friday and leave a message 24 hours per day. Telephone: Eynsham 01865 881206 or Long Hanborough 01993 881330 (0830 – 1245 and 1400 – 1830). Listen to the recorded announcement and choose the option for “prescriptions and medication”; you will then have the option to speak to a dispenser or leave a message.
- Fill in a prescription request form or underline the items needed on the tear-off side of your prescription – put it into the letterbox provided.
- Send your request by post, including an SAE for the new prescription.
- By fax to: 01865 881342 (Eynsham) or 01993 882264 (Long Hanborough)
If you have ordered your prescription from one of our dispensaries or the pharmacy your prescription will be ready for collection three working days after being requested.
Please note that prescriptions ordered on Friday morning will be ready for collection on Wednesday afternoon.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
From 1 April 2018, the charges are:
- Prescription charge (per item): £8.80
- 3-month Prescription Prepayment Certificate: £29.10
This saves money for anyone who has to pay for prescriptions and who requires more than 3 items per month.
- 12-month Prescription Prepayment Certificate has not increased and remains at £104.00
This saves money for anyone who has to pay for prescriptions and who requires 12 items or more in 12 months.
- Telephone advice and order line 0300 330 1341
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
Where can I get an emergency supply of medicine?
If you urgently need medication please read the following advice from NHS Choices.