Eynsham and Long Hanborough Medical Care Group registered charity 1054256
The Eynsham and Long Hanborough Medical Care Group was set up in 1996 to administer the generous gifts the practice receives from grateful patients and their loved ones.
Since its inception the charity has also benefited substantially from fund-raising by local organisations.
The money has enabled the Trustees, who are made up up of past and present GP partners in the practice and patient representatives, to provide a number of extras that are not routinely available from the National Health Service. They include:
- Prescription deliveries to the housebound twice a week
- Air conditioning in waiting rooms
- 24 hour blood pressure monitors
- 24 hour electrocardiograms (to monitor heart rhythm)
- Hydraulic height adjustable couches
- Pulse oximeters (to measure oxygen level)
- Interactive website
- Occasional small patient grants based on patient need
- Phlebotomy couch
In order to maintain this service and extend it further gifts, bequests and fund-raising efforts are always welcome. To find out more please contact Dr Lorenz Kemper, treasurer.