Please note that the dispensaries at Eynsham and Long Hanborough, as well as neighbouring pharmacies are currently facing high levels of demand. In addition there are staff shortages as staff need to self-isolate (including those for extended periods as per the Government’s advice). We are therefore grateful for your patience and support during this time.
In order to allow staff adequate time to clear stock, arrange prescriptions and be available to help patients, the opening hours will now change to:
Eynsham – Mon-Friday: 09:00-12:00 and 15:00-18:00. Late night opening Wednesday until 18:30.
Long Hanborough – Mon-Friday: 09:00-13:00 and 14:00-18:00. Late night opening Wednesday until 18:30.
How you can help:
You can help us in the following ways:
- You will now need to allow 7 calendar days when requesting a repeat prescription.
- Please do not attend early or come to the surgery before the 7 days as we need to reduce footfall to the surgery in line with the Government’s rules on social distancing.
- We can ensure that your medications are switched to ‘Automatic Prescriptions’ which means that your regular medications will be ready every 4 weeks without you needing to order them and you can just collect them. Please find further information here.
- Please use online Patient Access rather than calling the dispensary to order medications where possible. You can arrange to have online Patient Access here.
- To ensure an adequate supply of medication, the Government has instructed that we should not be increasing the supply of medication beyond one month. Therefore any requests for additional medication will unfortunately be declined.
- Similarly early requests for medication before 3 weeks have elapsed since the last collection will also be declined.
- Requests for inhalers in patients who have not required them in the previous 2 years and who do not have symptoms will also be declined.
- In order to ensure the supply of inhalers is maintained, all patients will only get one issue per inhaler type.
- In order to reduce footfall to the surgery, unfortunately you will no longer be able to pick up the paper prescription from the Surgery and take it to a Pharmacy – All prescriptions will need to be sent electronically.
In order to assist patients who are currently being asked to self-isolate, several volunteer groups have been set up to help neighbours. You can contact one of the following groups to assist with collection of your medication (collections take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays only):
Eynsham Good Neighbour Scheme : 07469 764174
Facebook: Eynsham Volunteers – Corona Virus Help
Freeland Covid-19 mutual aid – Vero Camille, 0778 095 1567
Hanborough Volunteers: 01993 651344
Combe Volunteer Group – Julia Sharpe, 01993 891058
Farmoor Coviders – 01865 570432 (ring the whole number even if calling from an Oxford number)
We are expanding our delivery service for patients who have been instructed to self-isolate where they do not have a representative who is able to collect their medication.
Please contact the dispensary for further information.